Transactional & Savings Accounts
Fee Saver Account (S8)
Card and electronic transaction account. Maintain a minimum balance of $250 at all times and pay no transaction fees.* Fees and charges apply.
Everyday Account (S1)
This is an everyday transaction account which you can use for your day to day banking. Fees and charges apply.
Budget Account (S2)
Used for saving money. Each week or fortnight you can transfer some money into your budget account and this will slowly build up over time so that you can use this money to buy something special or pay bills. This account can also be used for saving for a deposit on a personal loan. Fees and charges apply.
Christmas Club Account (S3)
This account that can be used for saving money throughout the year. You then use this money for Christmas presents, holidays or other special occasions. Fees and charges apply.
Family / Clan Account (S4)
This account that can be used by a whole family or clan group. It can be set up so that multiple signatures are required to access the money in this account. This account is useful for families or clan groups who receive money or income such as royalties that are paid to the whole family rather than an individual.
30 Day at Call Account (S5)
This account pays higher interest than our other accounts. Min balance of $500 required to be left in account. Money is available after 30 days. Fees and charges apply.
Student Account (S6)
Transaction Account designed for students aged between 13 and 18 years.
Fees and charges apply.
Refer to our Account Information and Access Facility Terms and Conditions brochure and Interest Fees and Charges Brochure for full details.
Term Deposits are used to put your money aside and to earn you money in interest. If you receive a special payment for something such as a tax return, Centerlink bonus or royalty payment, you can put some or all of that money aside in a term deposit so that it lasts longer and you earn some money on it.
• As an example, if you deposit $5,000 in a Term Deposit for 12 months at an interest rate of 4.00%, when your deposit matures it will be worth $5,200. If you then compound your interest and reinvest the term deposit for a further 12 months your deposit will be worth $5,408.
• Term Deposits can be opened at any TCU Branch.
• Term Deposits can be lodged from as little as 30 days to as much as 2 years.
• A minimum deposit of $500 is required to open a Term Deposit for 3 months or more.
• A minimum deposit of $50,000 is required to open a Term Deposit for less than 3 months.
• Funds are fixed and cannot be withdrawn until the term has expired.
• Interest is calculated daily and paid on maturity and can be paid directly to an account or compounded and added to the term deposit. Fees and charges apply.
30 Day at Call
If you would like to earn a higher interest rate than you would on an everyday account but can’t commit to the fixed period of a Term Deposit then a 30 Day At Call Account may be the answer. This account locks your funds away for 30 days then allows them to be accessed only through phone, Internet Banking or by visiting a branch after the initial period.
• Funds are at call after initial 30 days.
• Funds can be withdrawn within the 30 days, with 7 days notice in writing.
• An interest penalty will apply if funds are withdrawn early.
• A $500 minimum opening balance required. A minimum $500 daily balance required to earn interest.
• Unlimited 24 hours 7 days a week access via Phone Banking and Internet Banking.
• There is no CueCard or cheque book access available.
• Interest rate is tiered, calculated daily and credited quarterly.
Fees and charges apply.
Refer to our Account Information and Access Facility Terms and Conditions Brochure & Interest Fees and Charges Brochure for full details.