Traditional Credit Union (TCU) occupies a unique position as the only Indigenous-owned credit union in Australia, working in two worlds to deliver both employment opportunities and real financial services in remote indigenous communities. We are proud of where we have come from and who we are, and we are passionate about where we are going.
Be the leading provider of personalized banking services to First Nations people and organizations
Our Position Statement
The First Nations banking specialists
- Respect Culture
- Walk Together
- Care for Members
- Provide essential banking services to First Nations people in remote and regional areas of Northern and Central Australia
- Provide financial and digital literacy information
- Provide Indigenous employment and training.
We will do this by:
- Positioning TCU as the provider of essential remote banking services
- Improving and diversifying membership services
- Growing capability to meet the changing business environment
- Being financially sustainable
- Exploring Social Enterprise opportunities